Project Environmental Engineer - VR/24971
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Environmental Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Aberdeen. It is an initial 12-month contract position and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. This is a technical position, focusing on the delivery of the project environmental commitments and ensuring environmental compliance through all project stages.
Reporting to the Project HSE Lead, the Project Environmental Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination and delivery of the regulatory EIA deliverables for the Select Phase of the project, under the Project Management Framework in conjunction with the Project HSE Lead.
- This will include, but not be limited to, working with the Engineering Contractor to prepare onshore and offshore IA/EIA baseline studies and development of IA/EIA scoping reports.
- Delivering an optimised offshore environmental survey for the selected transmission / distribution cable routes and hub location.
- Supporting, coaching and challenging the Project Team to ensure the IA/EIA is an iterative part of the concept select decisions and concept select report.
- Engaging with relevant onshore and offshore regulators, and statutory consultees, to gain clarity on applicable regulatory regime and scope of environmental surveys.
- Managing contractor support to deliver the IA/EIA baseline studies and scoping reports.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in Environmental Science, or a similar discipline, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Environmental Engineer / Advisor type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an Operator, would be preferred.
- Experience of UK onshore and offshore regulatory regimes, as well as EIA experience, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess extensive practical experience in regulatory environmental planning, baseline surveys, permitting and consenting.
- Experience with DCO / Renewables / Power Cable consenting projects would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience of stakeholder and contractor management.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team