Purchaser - VR/27040
Join an organisation with a track record of success spanning over 4 decades. This is a full-time, permanent role, based at the company’s UK office in Portlethen (Aberdeenshire). A hybrid working arrangement is available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing in a sound and ethical manner in accordance with requirements and company’s CMS.
- Preparing and issuing enquiries to suppliers and verifying that purchase requisitions are complete.
- Reviewing and analysing supplier quotations in conjunction with the Contracts & Procurement Lead and internal stakeholders.
- Organising and chairing pre-award/clarification meetings with suppliers in close cooperation with the C&P Lead.
- Preparing bid evaluations, negotiating prices and lead times, and recommending best commercial options.
- Performing desk expediting activities as required.
- Reviewing and verifying invoices in a timely and accurate manner in conjunction with the assigned invoice administrator.
- Ensuring final close-out of orders including the performance evaluation of suppliers.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrable commercial and purchasing experience in a similar position within oil and gas operations.
- Sound knowledge of procurement processes and suppliers.
- Good business-based communication skills.
- Maximo experience desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
On offer is a competitive salary, attractive pension scheme and a comprehensive suite of health and wellbeing benefits, as well as a hybrid working arrangement.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team