Quality Engineer - VR/26981
Join a subsea oil and gas company who are currently looking for a Quality Advisor on a permanent staff basis at their office in Dyce. This an onshore role with the option for working from home 2 days a week.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, as the Quality Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support and leadership to the site, proactive quality programs including DFMEA, PFMEA, COPQ reduction projects, incident investigation and waste reduction projects.
- Ensuring requirements that are critical to Quality (CTQs) are defined, understood and aligned with current capabilities and are managed to ensure conformance.
- Developing processes that are based upon items deemed Critical to Quality (CTQs), and Critical to Process (CTPs).
- Actively facilitating continuous improvement projects with a cross functional teams. Supporting execution and activities close out with the team.
- Conducting quality-based risk assessments to determine the criticality of activities performed, and the competence of affected employees.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of our customer quality requirements.
- Providing support to the Planning, Proposal, and Development process (risk, RFQ review, exceptions etc.).
- Reviewing, approving, and providing comment on specifications, drawings, plans and procedures.
- Understanding when and how to establish requirements of Gage Calibration and perform, validate Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Developing, maintaining, ensuring implementation and evaluate conformance to inspection and testing plans (ITPs), Incoming Quality Control plan (IQCPs), quality plans.
- Facilitating / supporting external audits for site certifications verify and distributing work to BU as necessary, internal, and external audit.
- Providing QA / QC support to all client projects as assigned. Support entails but it is not limited to risk management, quality reporting, audit management and other project related activities.
- Preparing and troubleshooting corrective actions in relation to system related nonconforming events / near hits, adopting promoting and coaching robust root cause methodologies.
- Quantifying, and analysing COPQ data and metrics reporting to local and global management.
- Supporting process monitoring and measurement processes through the development and implementation of statistical process control, where applicable.
- Working closely with Technical Assurance and Program Management to support the establishment of product and process control procedures, as well as quality triggers within the production and / or service process.
- Ensuring the independent asset, product, and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, and customer requirements.
- Compiling and maintaining detailed project Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans.
- Compiling and maintaining detailed client specific Product Inspection and Test Plans.
- Serving as quality representative for client and third party inspection site audits / meetings / visits and coordinating with Quality Control for witnessing a test.
- Utilising the SmartSolve on line system to manage the fundamentals of quality assurance, provides meaningful data to the business leaders to drive improvement and align with the strategic direction.
- Supporting the customer satisfaction and loyalty processes.
- Supporting the organisation's drive towards excellence in health and safety performance.
- Support includes but is not limited to conducting Stop observations, attending HSE related meetings, supporting HSE improvement projects and any other related task deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field, preferably in Quality, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering would be preferred.
- Relevant experience in Quality Engineering / Continuous Improvement with demonstrable evidence of systems and process improvement.
- Must have working knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS requirements.
- Qualified and competent as an ISO 9001 lead auditor.
- Working knowledge of ISO 17020 requirements.
- Green Belt certification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team