Quality & Environmental Advisor - VR/23282
Currently recruiting for an experienced Quality & Environmental Advisor on a permanent staff basis for a Whisky and Spirits company based in Elgin, Moray.
The role will likely predominately be office / site-based and although based in Elgin the role will involve travel to other company sites (the furthest away site is based in Grantown-on-Spey).
The Quality & Environmental Advisor will be expected to ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and compliance of health, safety, environment and quality management systems across the business. The post holder will also be expected to ensure that processes and procedures comprised within the Company Management System are maintained and supported by an agreed audit and assurance programme.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance and Infrastructure, the Quality & Environmental Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing all company health, safety, quality and environmental management systems to recognised certification standards (ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001).
- Liaising with external certification bodies and facilitating regular assessments to maintain independent certifications and accreditations (ISO 9001, Soil Association Organic).
- Playing an active role in the development and implementation of sustainability programmes.
- Supporting ongoing development of Health, Safety and Environmental management systems to recognised standards (ISO 45001, ISO 14001) with a view to future certification.
- Conducting supplier and contractor audits.
- Ensuring company policies, processes and procedures are constantly reviewed and improved. Being responsible for ensuring all departments are compliant with legislation, standards and procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring wider team completion of reporting and investigations into non-conformances, product recalls and customer complaint processes.
- Ensuring compliance with packaging waste regulations – collating annual figures and supply information to customer and suppliers, as required.
- Developing and delivering periodic quality awareness training and development, leading to continuous improvement of standards, practices and procedures through engagement with colleagues and contractors.
- Participating in special projects as required – including efficiency, economics and environmental and quality management issues.
- Planning, organising and delivering annual internal management system audits.
- Planning, organising and hosting external certification body audits (e.g. ISO) on 3-yearly cycle.
- Overseeing and verifying annual internal area inspection programme delivered by HSE Team.
- Planning and delivering rolling programme of contractor and supplier audits on a 12-36-month cycle.
- Responsible for developing quality and environmental input to annual and 5-year plans, along with Head of Compliance and Infrastructure.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Quality management qualification, or be working towards (e.g. CQI or IRCA).
- A current driving licence.
- Experience of management systems to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Previous experience in a similar HSEQ Advisor type role.
- Auditing experience, as well as a relevant auditing qualification.
- IOSH or NEBOSH certificate qualification.
- Certification in environmental management.
- Previous experience in a similar role within a Food and Drink / FMCG type environment.
- Food hygiene experience.
- Quality Assurance experience in manufacturing environments.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team