Reservoir Engineer (Maternity Cover) - VR/22321
Currently recruiting for an experienced Reservoir Engineer on a maternity cover contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is expected that the maternity cover contract will last until December 2021, and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice.
The client is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and all applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK. This role will likely require the post holder to witness onsite operations on an ad-hoc basis, therefore all applicants must be willing to work offshore. This role would suit an experienced Reservoir Engineer who has experience with well monitoring activities, and is also proficient with MBal, Prosper and GAP.
Reporting to the CGA Fields Leader, the Reservoir Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Reservoir monitoring: reviewing reservoir production data, in order to optimise field production and reserves. Proposing and preparing production enhancing and data acquisition operations, as appropriate. Preparing Well Intervention Requests and WSOR – documenting and archiving relevant analysis.
- Working in close collaboration with G&G colleagues, Completion Engineers, Well Performance Engineers and Operations Geologists.
- Travelling offshore, on an ad-hoc basis, to witness relevant operations, such as PLT’s, perforations, cased hole pulse neutron logging, well testing, offshore PVT sampling and production chemistry.
- Supporting the generation of production forecasts and reserves / resources evaluations, using either decline curves or reservoir simulation techniques, under the supervision of a Senior Reservoir Engineer or Team Leader.
- Presenting evaluations at Partner meetings and HQ peer reviews.
- Involvement in Prospect evaluations.
- Identifying and promoting value adding opportunities (i.e. production and reserves increases).
- Accountable for reservoir engineering data inputs in WSOR and Well Intervention Requests. In particular, for reservoir pressure evaluations and reservoir fluid properties.
- Witnessing onsite operations on an ad-hoc basis.
- Carrying out accurate reservoir modelling and synthesis for fields, in association with Geophysicists, Geologists and other Reservoir Engineers. Archiving and documenting relevant reservoir engineering data.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A BSc / BEng degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline is essential. A Master’s degree qualification would be preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Reservoir Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role – directly with an oil and gas operator – would be preferred.
- Experience with reservoir simulation software, such as Eclipse / Intersect, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience with various reservoir engineering techniques, including numerical simulation, well test interpretation, material balance, production logging analysis, PVT analysis and well performance concepts.
- Experience of onsite operations (wireline, DST’s, etc) would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team