Revenue Accountant - VR/27129
Are you a team player who is driven, adaptable and able to juggle various tasks? This is the chance to push yourself and your career forwards with leading independent E&P company who are looking for a Revenue Accountant to join their team. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking and dynamic business who are at an exciting point in their journey.
Main duties and responsibilities
Process owner for hydrocarbon revenue and hydrocarbon inventory accounting with responsibilities to include -
- Owning, maintaining, updating and quality controlling sales information (invoice templates, volumes, and contracts) in the relevant shared drive.
- Preparing or reviewing monthly / ad hoc sales invoices per terms of hydrocarbon sales agreements (crude, gas and NGLs).
- Verifying pricing applicable to self-billing invoices, challenging where appropriate and collaborating with Commercial Team.
- Reconciling and maintaining the sales ledger within SAP, review sales bookings prepared by Assistant Accountant and providing training as required.
- Recognising crude liftings to realise revenue on a timely basis, at present quarterly with the aim to become real time.
- Backing up to the Offtake Controller in agreeing payment quantities with customers.
- Creating ad hoc reports / analysis on revenues, and hydrocarbon inventories as required.
- Performing variance analysis and resolving queries on production / sales volumes / revenues, realised price and over / under-lift.
- Reconciling lead schedules relevant to sales and hydrocarbon inventories, reporting into the financial reporting team lead.
- Audit liaising for all queries relating to sales, over / under-lift and hydrocarbon inventories.
- Reporting sales data to internal and external stakeholders including business planning, commercial, management as required.
- Seeking out process improvements and efficiencies where possible whilst upholding high control standards of a listed company.
- Preparing IFRS 15 revenue disclosures in quarterly and statutory financial statements.
Applicants to this role require
- Qualification of recognised body ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent with appropriate industry experience gained in a similar role.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Exploration & Production accounting including Standard Operated Accounting Procedures in order to ensure asset expenditure is fair and equitable, company reimbursement is maximised and JV audits are successful.
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP.
- Attention to detail, analytical and logical mindset.
- Self-motivated and quick learner able to operated with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What’s in it for me? (the applicant)
- Career development and opportunities.
- Dynamic work environment.
- Excellent benefits package.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team