Senior Accountant - VR/28487
Our client is a progressive E&P company who is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team for an 18-month contract. This is a key role to support and ensure accurate and timely management, regulatory and statutory reporting. You will have strong all-round financial and technical accounting skills with experience in oil and gas. You will join a leading organisation offering a positive team environment with flexible working.
Overview job description
The Senior Accountant plays an important role in supporting the Group Accounting Manager, the Head of Finance Operations, and the wider Finance Operations Team in delivering a robust control framework and ensuring effective, accurate and timely reporting for management, regulatory and statutory purposes.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering the month end, mid-year and year end integrity reviews and close processes, including gross and net book entries and group consolidation.
- Delivering clear and efficient year-end and interim audits, whilst supporting the Corporate Accounting Team in delivery of all statutory accounts, in accordance with relevant requirements (e.g. IFRS, GAAP).
- Working closely with the wider Finance Team to ensure relevant asset/budget holder reporting (internal and to JV partners).
- Building effective relationships with external auditors.
- Responsible for authority reporting where applicable, including any local JV regulatory reporting requirement.
- Liaising with the Finance Operations Team and the wider finance community to deliver the business reporting requirements ensuring all accounting risks and opportunities are understood and communicated.
- Owning the delivery of SAP master data changes to support the business.
Applicants to this role require
- Strong all-round financial and technical accounting skills and knowledge.
- Strong Excel capability – experience of building/improving models preferred.
- Significant experience in an accounting role in an O&G business.
- Demonstrable record of improving systems and processes.
- Experience of preparing, aggregating and challenging financial information.
- Experience in dealing with varied stakeholders through matrix working.
- Strong SAP ERP, BW and BPC knowledge required.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to provide check and challenge to the business in their decision making in an effective and constructive manner.
- Commercial acumen and effective change agent.
What’s in it for me? (the applicant)
- Long-term contract opportunity in a forward-thinking team environment
- Hybrid working
TMM Recriutment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team