Senior Contract Specialist - VR/26025
Senior Contract Specialist required to join a global leader in energy projects, technologies, systems and services for subsea and surface projects.
In your role as Senior Contract Specialist, you’ll be tasked with protecting the contractual and commercial interest of the company in respect of the project in all of its activities and transactions.
You’ll also pursue and maximize the commercial opportunities as well as issue project reports accurately that shall reflect the current commercial status of the project and the likely outcome at completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the detailed legal review of client proposed draft of contract, including all relevant parts of exhibits as included in the bid invitation.
- The review should take into account advice and experience gained during execution of previous projects. Where possible, the review should identify and assess the potential difficulties or roadblocks that may arise when administrating the Contract during the execution phase such as Change Orders, Schedule, reimbursable scope, rely-upon, Client assigned items, nominated vendors, coordination with client, etc.
- Providing input on any contractual and commercial risk identified during the review process and ensure this is raised to the tender team (and management, when necessary) so that the risk will be taken into account in tender evaluation.
- Assisting in negotiations with clients and joint venture partners as needed.
- When requested, assist sourcing/procurement to address contract, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to subcontractors or major suppliers during tender phase, with a particular focus to ensure flow down of Client contract terms to subcontractors.
- Acting as a key integral member of the project team and participate in commercial strategic discussions and decisions to ensure that contracts risks are identified, properly evaluated and mitigated.
- Providing the project with accurate summaries of contract-related matters including contract synopsis, contract review, contract obligations matrix and guidance on contract requirements.
- Advising the Project Manager / Director on aspects of project execution which deviate from contract requirement.
- Responsible for preparing / reviewing all relevant contractual correspondence exchanged during project execution to and from the client, partners, subcontractors and authorities.
- Ensuring regular reporting as required, including review of client reporting.
- Managing and maintaining accurate records of all project contractual documentation within Contracts Workspace System.
- Monitoring all project deliverables as well as identifying risks and opportunities.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in pertinent discipline preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience.
- Understand inter-disciplinary relations and requirements.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to provide open and direct dialogue with stakeholders.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Fluent in the English language.
- PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, project, and presentation software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Organisational skills / time management.
- Ability to manage change.
- Professional delivery.
- Cost aware.
- Results focused.
- Proactive / committed approach.
- Good team player.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team