Senior Contracts Analyst – VR/25335
Senior Contracts Analyst required for a contract assignment with an international energy / E&P company, based at their Westhill office. This position can be considered on a full-time OR part-time working arrangement.
As Senior Contracts Analyst, your role will involve:
- Preparing, negotiating, awarding and monitoring the administration of contracts for works / goods / services in such a manner as to ensure the company’s best commercial interests are both served and protected, monitoring relevant markets and supporting contractor performance management.
- Providing a pro-active contracts delivery and contract management service with considerable potential to influence the profitability of their allocated business areas, Senior Contracts Analysts may be embedded in their allocated business area. Opportunities for cross asset / cross affiliate contracting synergies should be explored and evaluated in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organising and controlling all process-based activities relating to onshore / offshore service contracts in assigned portfolio (may include corporate services and / or operations and maintenance) including strategies, pre-qualifications, tender list development, issues of Invitations to Tender (ITT), analysis of tenders, contract negotiations and the preparation of contractual documentation.
- Proactively working with the Lead Contract Performance to build and maintain relationships with contractors / suppliers and monitor their performance by participating in contract performance management activities.
- Liaising closely with the relevant Procurement Category to locally deploy strategy and comply with governance.
- Actively pursuing contracting synergy opportunities for all business requirements.
- Actively contributing to the company savings target programs by delivery of costs savings without compromising safety or quality.
- Providing proactive and timely advice and support to internal and external stakeholders in all matters relating to contracts and procurement, including operating as a ‘duet’ with the technical counterpart to promote effective contract planning, management and performance.
- Utilising approved standard contract documentation and ensure compliance with standard contracting principles during negotiations.
- Complying with all applicable contracts and procurement rules, governance and process.
- Ensuring that contractor / supplier selection is carried out in accordance with company requirements and compliance programme and that safety and environmental assessments are part of the selection process.
- Mitigating project risk through proactive management and negotiation of contractual disputes. Supporting settlement of claims, in conjunction with senior management and legal, by proposing strategies and actions and by participating in negotiations.
- Contributing to the process of continuous improvement, including participation in and promotion of lean initiatives and adoption and sharing of best practice.
- Preparing and presenting contracts committee presentations.
- Coaching of Contract Analysts.
- Participating in development of the contracting procedures.
Applicants to this position should have:
- Significant experience in a similar role.
- Strong, demonstrable, practical experience in preparation and negotiation of medium to high complexity technical contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross?functionally with other departments in a dynamic business environment.
- Capability to operate with a globally distributed network of colleagues to manage relationships and identify opportunities for synergies.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing negotiations, supplier management and contract management.
- Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers and other stakeholder representatives to influence decisions or ways of working.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team