Senior Contracts Engineer - VR/24905
Join a reputable organisation providing specialist well-abandonment and decommissioning services to the oil and gas industry.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you’ll provide comprehensive Supply Chain support to the business and its clients.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Working with key stakeholders to develop strategies for specific abandonment programmes.
- Developing and managing contract plans.
- Leading the tendering, evaluation and negotiation process in relation to the award of well abandonment, logistics and support services contracts and making recommendations to management and clients on contractor selection and contract award.
- Developing ITT packages and preparing detailed quantitative and qualitative evaluation of tenders, including assessment of contract risk.
- Directing contractual and commercial negotiations in accordance with contracting principles, ensuring risk mitigation and commercial optimisation.
- Ensuring effective management of contractors for abandonment projects in all stages of the project life-cycle and delivering the overall project performance targets.
- Responsibility for key supplier performance and relationship management, including frequent performance feedback sessions, agreeing KPIs, implementing lessons-learned and continuous improvement.
- Actively championing partnership arrangements with major suppliers by questioning, appraising, evaluating and improving the activities of the partnership.
- Taking a lead role in identifying and developing opportunities to create value, cost reductions and improve service delivery across the business through effective contract management techniques.
- Preparation and administration of contract documents, contract summaries, amendments and variations.
- Providing advice and guidance to management on contracting and other supply chain matters.
- Acting as a key negotiator in relation to contract dispute resolution.
- Working with the Well Engineering Team to define a clear financial understanding in terms of costs, accruals, commitments, VOs and uncertainty.
- Working with Materials Controllers to ensure all appropriate services and supplies are in place for the successful execution of the work.
- Developing strategies for continuous improvement, value creation and cost reduction opportunities.
This opportunity is well-suited to applicants with extensive experience in oil and gas contracting, with a proven track record of delivery in SCM. You should be able to derive added value from suppliers, contain procurement costs and mitigate exposure to risk. Strong negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
A relevant qualification is preferred (e.g. Law, QS or CIPS) and experience from both E&P/Operator and Service Company environments would be beneficial.
INDSCC TMM Recruitment
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team