Senior Cost Controller - VR/27573
As a key member of the project team the position will be responsible for providing financial support to allocated projects and for preparing month-end project financial reports.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsibility for all aspects of cost control of assigned projects including forecasting and commitment tracking of man hours, procurement activities and vessel operations.
- Providing Project Managers with advice and support in financially managing their projects.
- Ensuring that SAP accurately reflects project costs and revenues to date, including any accruals or prepayments.
- Assisting the Project Managers in the preparation of monthly project and financial forecasts for assigned projects.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the preparation of a monthly financial sensitivity analysis for their projects.
- Analysing variances from as-bid financials by building a detailed monthly analysis of variances from prior forecast.
- Preparing month end project reports and review with Project Manager.
- Attending project / client meetings and provide relevant cost and financial input as required.
- Preparing and overseeing the preparation and issuance of all project invoices, whilst maintaining a focus on collection of payment.
- Preparing project cash flows in support of the group's treasury requirements for cash flow forecasting.
- Developing effective interfaces with all project functions and contributing to improvement programs; build/enhance relationships with project managers to ensure communication and flow of information is effective; working with Project Managers to develop and improve reporting tools/systems and make recommendations to improve/enhance existing processes
Applicants to this role require
- Previous experience in a Project Accounting or Cost Control role.
- Ideally hold a recognised accounting body qualification and good level of awareness around relevant accounting standards.
- Proficient IT knowledge including SAP and advanced Excel skills.
- Good communication, planning and leadership skills, as well as a desire for continued growth and development.
What’s in it for me?
- Career development and access to learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working.
- Excellent benefits package.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team