Senior Developer – VR/25301
TMM Recruitment is delighted to be working with a large and expanding service business in Aberdeen. This permanent Senior Developer role is best suited to someone with a strong software coding capability to enhance and maintain the bespoke system and related customer integrations. The role will also contribute SQL reporting expertise for this system, the company’s ERP and PowerBI.
The organisation’s global operations rely heavily on the in-house system. It is an application that has been developed by the company internally to provide the following functions:
- Warehouse stock management system.
- B2B integration platform that supports connectivity to key customers ERP systems.
- Web Portal developed to share purchase order and shipment information with customers.
This role requires someone with a strong software coding capability to enhance and maintain the system and related customer integrations. The role will also contribute SQL reporting expertise for this, the ERP and PowerBI. The role joins a small global team. While Aberdeen is a hub for the business, the global team provides support, sometimes out of hours, for other global sites.
The key functions of the role are as follows:
- Provide technical development expertise to enhance and support the system.
- Provide technical development expertise to enhance and support the system’s customer integrations.
- Provide SQL support for the system and ERP reporting.
- Provide other IT functions as directed by the Support Manger.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Developer is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Developing new database, server, and front-end code to enhance the system as described in specifications.
- Maintaining the existing the system codebase as directed including bug fixes.
- Troubleshooting customer and user application issues.
- Understanding the business processes supported by the system and understanding how and when users interact with the system in the context of their roles.
- Understanding the database table structure of the system.
- Understanding the technical architecture of the system and its core components.
- Understanding the existing customer system integrations and maintain existing interfaces.
- Periodically reviewing the system logs to identify and fix recurring issues.
- Alerting the system Product Manager to any environment deficiencies such as inadequate backups, deprecation of Azure components, etc.
- Assisting the business with software-based initiatives from customers. This may involve use of C#, SQL, IIS, Excel automation (VBA).
- Maintaining technical documentation and guides.
- Understanding the tools employed to maintain and develop the system, and using them in accordance with PFS established standards, e.g. GIT, DevOps, Visual Studio, etc.
- Suggesting improvements to the tools employed to maintain and develop the system.
- Suggesting improvements to the codebase for inclusion in the roadmap.
- Being knowledgeable and confident with web service instruments such as XML, WSDL’s, etc.
- Updating and deploying the system BizTalk maps.
- Performing thorough Senior Developer testing prior to UAT releases.
- Assisting the Product Manager with user acceptance testing (UAT) of new features and bug fixes.
Training and Deployment
- Assisting the Product Manager with system release notes.
- Technically mentoring developer(s).
- Assisting the Product Manager with technical tender responses that pertain to the system.
General & Support / Tickets
- Assisting the global helpdesk to respond to, and close, global applications tickets including but not restricted to the systems.
- Supporting the analysts who liaise with clients to specify, implement, and test new developments.
- Working under pressure to resolve any important time-critical system issues that may arise.
- Taking ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Escalating items that require higher level approval, e.g., certain security changes, certain cross-country reporting (guidance will be given).
- Ad-hoc duties as directed by the Product Manager.
- Reporting as required to the Product Manager.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Considerable experience in a development role.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT technologies, including: C#, SQL Server.
- Experience in Azure, GIT, DevOps and Visual Studio.
- Understanding of web service integrations including XML / XSL.
- Understanding of SQL database structure and functions.
- Windows Server / IIS.
- Internet Security.
- Positive, flexible, and professional attitude.
- High attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Must be willing, on occasion, to work outside normal office hours, as the needs of the global business and specific projects require.
- Current unrestricted drivers’ licence.
- Relevant IT qualifications.
- Valid passport as travel may be required.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team