Senior Development Engineer - VR/29058
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Development Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is a contract position that is due to run until the end of December 2024, and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Senior Development Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing development engineering and management support for early-phase developments and modifications.
- Ensuring that process safety aspects are properly evaluated in all aspects of facilities development work undertaken.
- Participating in design verifications, LOPA, HAZID and HAZOP meetings.
- Ensuring activities follow stage gate, project management and engineering management standards.
- Generating and managing concept selection scopes of work, with input from internal functions.
- Acting as project focal point throughout initial development phases, with responsibility to generate project assurance deliverables appropriate to scale and complexity - ranging from modifications to major projects.
- Managing study contractors and consultancies to efficiently deliver agreed scope.
- Delivering efficient handover of development opportunities to Project/Execution Teams at an appropriate stage (typically around FEED entry/SG4).
- Developing early phase scope-specific strategies and project governance documentation, including preliminary project execution plans, work programmes, SORs, BODs, and functional specifications.
- Developing required assurance and governance documentation ahead of Phase Gate/MOC/FEL reviews and ensure effective close out of any actions.
- Working with discipline specialists to generate cost-estimates, schedules, and economics to support opportunity planning and business case assessment.
- Preparing budget/AFE requests and decision support packages for approval as required and maintaining adequate performance reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Managing contractors to maintain performance against approved budgets and AFEs.
- Ensuring early phase data is properly retained, with appropriate benchmarking and lessons learned, even where opportunities are not progressed.
- Developing and implementing contracting and procurement strategies in alignment with supply chain.
- Evaluating and recommending suitable technical solutions, giving appropriate consideration of diverse alternatives and ratifying contractors' evaluation of technology. Ensuring that industry best practices and appropriate advanced technologies are applied in early project framing.
- Initiating and responding in a timely manner to technical queries, MOCs and deviations from contractors, partners, and operations to maintain technical design integrity.
- Participating in inter-discipline technical meetings, technical audits, assurance reviews and project risk management processes.
- Supporting other disciplines to ensure inter-discipline design coherence and ensure proper technical interface management is maintained throughout the project cycle.
- Providing specialist support to other engineering/asset and business development work as required (e.g., data room support, area planning, etc).
- Supporting continuous improvement activities with key stakeholders to promote standardisation and enhance knowledge sharing and retention.
- Supporting consistent application of processes, systems, and procedures. Identifying and source functional assistance as required to support development engineering activities.
- Chartered Engineer status is essential.
- A Master’s Degree in an engineering discipline is essential. A chemical/process engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Additional qualifications in project management, economics decision analysis, project cost estimating, planning, risk evaluation, etc would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team