Senior Methods and Inspection Engineer - VR/27326
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Methods and Inspection Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is a project-based contract role that is initially due to run for 12 months - however, it is viewed as a more long-term position so the contract will possibly get extended. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working opportunities will be available.
Reporting to the Inspection Leader, the Senior Methods and Inspection Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing specialist Risk Based Assessment (RBA) technical support and governance. Ensuring Asset Teams comply to the highest safety standards, providing a timely response to queries and ensuring minimal disruption to operations where applicable. This includes RBA support and monitoring the execution of RBA programs across all Asset Teams.
- Providing Risk Based Assessment (RBA) expertise to the Technical Services Asset Support Team and supporting the review and update of Risk Based Assessments (RBA’s) as and when required. This will include a periodic audit of MDCRs related to inspection frequency changes.
- Acting as Fame+ Neo (RBA Tool) UK based expert user. Setting and maintaining competency levels for all inspection personnel including upskilling requirements that new technology will require, as well as recommending and defining specialist training to enhance competency.
- Supporting the update of all relevant documentation (L2 Procedures) and ensuring that procedures are maintained in an accurate and current status and are available on request.
- Conducting planned or ad-hoc technical surveys and / or audits on sites and at vendor locations, providing detailed technical reports.
- Providing ad-hoc inspection support as required.
- Supporting Inspection Leader in developing and maintaining asset inspection strategies and ensuring that the company has the technology, programs, and practices in place to deliver on those strategies.
- Identifying opportunities for technology development and deployment, implementing and managing programs as appropriate to deploy technology to improve operational efficiencies.
- Supporting company digitalisation programs, advising on integration of new inspection technologies to ensure the company capitalises on new ways of working.
- Developing positive and constructive relationships with contractors and suppliers. Identifying opportunities to improve contractor / supplier performance, and improve the quality of services / products supplied, undertaking vendor competency levels across Asset Teams.
- Supporting development of technical scopes of work, assisting call for tender(s) in conjunction with contract and procurement to ensure newly awarded or renewed strategic inspection contracts provide optimum value for the company.
- Ensuring that all maintenance engineering activities are engineered and implemented in accordance with company and regulatory HSE provisions. Participating in and contributing to safety studies / HAZOPs, as appropriate.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Corrosion / RBI Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Offshore / site experience is essential.
- Risk-based Inspection (RBI) experience is essential.
- Applicants should have CMMS experience (SAP or similar).
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team