Senior Operational Safety Advisor - VR/23445
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Operational Safety Advisor on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The contract will initially run until the end of November 2022 - however, it’s a core contract position that will be eligible for annual renewal, therefore, it should be a long-term opportunity.
The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and it will involve occasional offshore visits – therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
The post holder will be responsible for the maintenance and assurance of the Company’s Occupational Health and Operational Safety standards, systems, procedures and tools to ensure regulatory compliance and consistent application across the company. This role would suit an experienced Senior Operational Safety Advisor who possesses operational health management experience within the oil and gas industry.
Reporting to the Operational Safety Leader, the Senior Operational Safety Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and developing occupational health and operational safety standards, procedures, systems and tools, including the production of appropriate Level 1 and Level 2 procedures.
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of the Occupational Health and Operational Safety Compliance monitoring programme.
- Developing and implementing occupational health and operational safety training.
- Supporting workforce engagement, safety rep engagement and safety culture development programmes.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring behavioural safety and safety observation programmes.
- Analysing occupational health and operational safety trends to drive improvements.
- Dashboard development for Occupational Health and Operational Safety KPIs.
- Engaging with Asset HSE Teams and onshore HSE Committee to understand and support their Occupational Health and Operational Safety requirements.
- Project occupational health and operational safety support.
- Preparing Contractor interface documents.
- Preparing emergency and bridging documents.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and and maintenance and use of Occupational Health and Operational Safety specialist software.
- Supporting Synergi governance and corporate occupational health and operational safety reporting requirements.
- Providing support on Occupational Health monitoring to Medics.
- Assisting in the input of occupational health and safety objectives into the annual HSE improvement plan.
- Assisting in the input of occupational health and safety audits into the annual HSE audit plan through a risk-based assessment, looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends.
- Responsible for providing the required support to assets during implementation of safety and occupational health plans and procedures. This support may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
- Participating in onshore and offshore health and safety committees.
- Conducting accident investigation / root cause analysis.
- Assisting in ensuring HSE applications are effectively implemented across the company.
- Responsible for the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the follow up of any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation.
- Responsible for attending and providing input to contractor performance review meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of Synergi inputs and ensuring Synergi governance is adhered to.
- Monitoring compliance with occupational health and hygiene standards across all assets (e.g. accommodation hygiene, potable water management, noise, handling of chemicals / COSHH, ergonomics, radioactive materials, health surveillance and management of hazardous substances such as mercury, benzene, etc.).
- Ensuring occupational health risk assessment files for each operational site are maintained.
- Assisting in developing health surveillance strategy for company and contractors so that records are kept of personnel exposure (e.g. noise, hand arm vibration, nightshift working etc.).
- Responsible for running reports and benchmarking safety and occupational health data to input into improvement plans.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A professional safety / occupational health qualification is essential.
- Holding the full suite of offshore certification would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to be trained in leading investigations of significant accidents / incidents.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Operational Safety Advisor type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, would be preferred.
- Previous operations-based experience within the oil and gas industry is essential.
- Operational health management experience is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team