Senior Project Accountant (Maternity Cover) - VR/25609
TMM Recruitment are supporting our client, an energy service business with the appointment of a Senior Project Accountant. This position will be covering maternity for 12 months and will be supporting the Project Teams with the preparation of monthly reporting. Candidates should have previous experience with cost reporting and month end accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing client monthly reports including but not limited to value of works, forecast of spend, commitments annual budgets; business plans and contract incentive schemes.
- Collating all relevant start-up information for jobs / phases and instigate contract set up as appropriate.
- Monitoring the on-going financial performance of each job by preparing monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets and ensure all commercial and financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Supporting the Projects Team by providing ongoing and regular commercial analysis and information regarding expenditures, commitments, forecasts and the financial performance of the contract.
- Ensuring that internal cost reporting for the contract meets with corporate accounting and Commercial Department requirements and that ongoing analysis is being made to track recovery against costs and highlight and resolve any associated issues in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and providing feedback relative to KPI performance and highlight areas where improvement is necessary to optimise financial return.
- Checking accuracy of third-party invoices against subcontract agreements and approve same as compliance checker where required.
- Identifying where contract amendments may be required to cover contract changes and providing support in their drafting and submission.
- Liaising with the Commercial Administrators to review invoices to ensure they presented to the client correctly and in a timely manner such that they are paid on the due date, to submission ensure approval by Project Management is obtained.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team