Senior Project Engineer – Fleet Projects – VR/24820
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Engineer - Fleet Projects on a permanent staff basis for a subsea contractor based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
The Senior Project Engineer will be required to ensure the efficient package management of complex project (marine / equipment or drydock), planning and preparation, both in the office and onsite.
The Senior Project Engineer – Fleet Projects will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting and providing advice to the Project Manager in managing vessel modifications, upgrades and refurbishment work – including budgeting, selecting suitable subcontractors, cost tracking, monitoring and final acceptance of work.
- Assisting the Project Manager in liaising with Asset Operations Department, Discipline Engineers and Superintendents for input and advice where necessary. Also, liaising with Offshore Management Team and shipyard / contractor during project execution.
- Assisting the Project Manager on office / site administrative associated tasks in relation to the project management process.
- Assisting in the development of inspection and test plans, method statements etc. to achieve a high level of quality surveillance during execution.
- Ensuring changes are managed effectively and in line with relevant procedures.
- Participating to ensure risks and impacts of any proposed modifications / upgrades are fully realised and documented.
- Attending vessels / sites to ensure comprehensive work scopes are collated.
- Liaising with Integrity and Certification Engineer regarding classification societies and flag state authorities to ensure vessel certification requirements remain in order.
- Compiling technical report documentation and assisting in preparation of as-built documentation and certification for handover to the relevant Vessel Superintendents and Asset Managers.
- Managing all elements of work packages delegated by the Project Manager (this may include management of contractors).
- Producing, collating and checking technical documents, such as procedures, specifications, calculations and work packs.
- Office / site administrative support associated with project activities.
- Advising the Project Manager and / or Senior Managers on foreseeable contractual, commercial and technical problems that may arise.
- Managing subcontractors to ensure timely order and receipt of equipment and services.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification in marine / naval architecture or mechanical engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Engineer – Fleet Projects type role.
- Relevant experience in drydock projects, vessel conversation or vessel equipment upgrades – with a focus on the fabrication, logistics and management of subcontractors.
- Membership of a professional institution or Chartered Engineer status (or working towards).
- Commercial awareness of drydock projects and vessel equipment upgrades.
- Experience with CAD software packages.
- Knowledge of marine classification rules.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team