Senior Project Engineer - VR/28250
Join a growing oil and gas service company who are looking for a Senior Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis at their office in Cove, Aberdeen.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing a team of 3+ Project Engineers of varying experience, acting as a focal point for advise and guidance.
- Ensuring the team have the necessary training and skills to develop within the department’s competency framework.
- Ensuring the team, and ultimately the department, meet the necessary performance key performance indicators.
- Providing accurate reporting of team performance to Senior Management and Directors.
- Establishing as an escalation point for any project issues faced by a member of the team.
- Consistent and reliable representation at contract reviews ahead of PO award to ensure clarity of scope, client expectations, appropriate costing and planning activities.
- Reviewing and taking ownership of projects, and their associated documentation, handed over from the Contracts Department.
- To ensure that projects are run in accordance with the company’s health, safety and environmental policy.
- To issue BOM and liaising with procurement to ensure bought in parts arrive as required to meet the project deadlines.
- Preparing all project documentation, including final product data book in line with client requirements.
- Providing progress reports for both clients and senior management which adequately explain the position of all projects under the job-holders ownership, advising timeously of any anticipated delays.
- Scheduling projects to safely meet client and in-house deadlines and to monitor progress to meet project deadlines.
- Partaking in and witness product testing and to ensure timely notifications to clients to allow third party witnessing is carried out where applicable.
- Preparing project budgets tracker monitor to ensure projects meet or exceed their profit targets.
- Preparing commercial documentation and ensuring that information is passed to accounts to allow invoices to be issued on their due dates.
- Preparing close out reports and providing feedback to the business on actual versus estimated costs and any lessons learned.
- Ensuring appropriate change management techniques are used to deal with any amendments to the project scope.
- Preparing and updating relevant risk registers created for the projects, ensuring the necessary mitigation plans are implemented as necessary to manage the opportunities and threats on each scope.
- Reviewing and improving department systems/procedures/guides and contributing to inter- department process improvements.
- Co-ordinating shipping or collection of client orders and ensuring proof of export is obtained for company records.
- Upholding core values of customer focus, integrity, respect, motivation, accountability and manage change.
- Performing any other duties seemed necessary and within scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Line Manager or Head of Department/Division.
Required qualifications and experience
- HNC/HND Mechanical or Marine Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
- Manufacturing or engineering projects background.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in comparable projects role.
Knowledge of the following would be an advantage
- Degree in Engineering discipline or degree with relevant experience.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team