Senior QHSE Advisor - VR/28133
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior QHSE Advisor on a permanent basis for our oil and gas service company client. This role is based in Altens Aberdeen however, there is scope for ad-hoc offshore travel also.
Reporting to the QHSE & Compliance Director, as the Senior QHSE Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in maintaining UKAS ISO/IEC 17020 approvals with support of relevant internal technical authorities.
- Maintaining company management system certifications such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Assisting in maintaining all other company approvals and certifications (i.e. IRATA, Hull Thickness, LEEA, FPAL etc.) with support of relevant internal technical authorities.
- Liaising with certifying bodies, clients and enforcement agencies with regards to QHSE system audits.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and enforcement agencies regarding all issues specific to QHSE matters.
- Assisting in ensuring that the company is managed safely.
- Ensuring that the company’s ongoing operational safety record is excellent.
- Assisting in implementing and communicating the company’s QHSE programmes.
- Assisting in the investigation of all incidents, accidents and near misses identifying resulting improvement actions utilising the services of appropriate expertise as necessary.
- Maintaining systems for control and development of COSHH assessments and company risk assessments.
- Mentoring and coordinating company internal auditors in the completion of the audit schedule.
- Conducting detailed and thorough internal audits.
- Gathering and preparing management review meeting information.
- Providing guidance, support and training to departments to ensure the correct administration processes are followed in respect of QHSE issues and systems.
- Keeping abreast of QHSE developments and introduce practicable improvements to the company’s QHSE management system.
- Ensuring all technical procedures and associated documentation are maintained to the highest level in accordance with the board’s commitment to quality management.
- Maintaining and monitoring the operation of the company’s management systems and advising management of any deviations from agreed guidelines.
- Responding to appropriate legislative requirements, standards and guidelines that may be added to the company’s obligations from time to time.
- Identifying and/or participate in continuous improvements through to close-out.
- Acting as focal point for the production and updating of management system policies and procedures in conjunction with the QHSE & Compliance Director.
- Implementing and developing QHSE management so as to meet agreed organisational and departmental performance goals, objectives and improvement plans.
- Minimising bureaucracy as is possible.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on QHSE issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements to the QHSE & Compliance Director.
- Level 5 NVQ/NEBOSH diploma (or equivalent).
- Degree (2:1 minimum) or equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development (i.e. IOSH).
- ISO 9001 Series QMS Auditor.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in QHSE with at least 2 in the oil/gas/petrochemicals sector.
- Knowledge of relevant QHSE – quality, health, safety and environment legislation and procedures for compliance.
- Track record of success in a similar role.
- Ability and willingness to travel offshore if/when required.
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Vocational qualifications in a relevant discipline plus significant relevant experience.
- ISO 9001 series QMS Lead Auditor.
- Current/valid offshore medical and survival.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team