Senior Reporting Accountant - VR/27009
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Reporting Accountant to join an ever-expanding Energy organisation based in the City Centre. The ideal candidate will be a newly or recently Qualified Accountant (may consider near qualified and finalist levels) with experience from either industry or practice, international exposure, knowledge of UK taxation, financial consolidation, statutory reporting, auditing and budgeting. Experience of Power BI and excellent Excel skills are also essential. This role provides the opportunity to develop process improvements and would benefit an individual with a technically strong background.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your duties will involve:
Main duties and responsibilities
- Preparing consolidated management accounts including P&L, balance sheet and cashflows.
- Managing the overall close timetable.
- Assisting to meet Local GAAP statutory and tax filing requirements, working with area teams to obtain the relevant backups, support in preparation of annual statutory accounts and tax filing.
- Preparing statutory consolidation including reserves reconciliations, investment eliminations, and minority interest entries in preparation for the year-end audit process.
- Primary point of contact with auditors and responsible the provision of required information to ensure the audit is completed on a timely basis.
- Consolidating key group KPI measures such as Backlog, and geographical and industry revenue analysis.
- Co-ordinating budget and forecast timetable.
- Preparing consolidation for budget and forecasts, improving the process to make sure more efficient.
- Supporting FD and CEO in understanding results and explaining variations to budgets and forecasts.
- Providing financial figures and statutory entity data input to tenders as required.
- Initial preparing of cashflow forecasts, working with the FD to refine assumptions.
- Reporting financial figures to bank to demonstrate compliance with covenants.
- Maximising the efficiency of financial processes, challenging the way things are done.
- Supporting business improvement initiatives across the business and the finance function, ensuring obtaining the maximum use out of the existing finance reporting system.
- Ad hoc projects as required to support Finance Manager and Finance Director.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team