Senior Subcontracts Specialist - VR/27316
Fantastic opportunity to join a global leader in energy projects, technologies, systems, and services. Working as part of a collaborative team supporting supply chain management activities for subsea and renewables projects. This is a full-time, permanent position. Hybrid working is available.
As Senior Subcontracts Specialist, you’ll be tasked with protecting the company’s commercial and contractual interests in all activities and transactions, whilst ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to. You’ll pursue and maximise commercial opportunities through effective management of SCM activities. You’ll also mentor and coach lesser-experienced colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support to Procurement & Subcontracting Specialists and Project Buyers.
- Advising Project and Tender Teams on sourcing and procurement strategies.
- Promoting the proper use of procurement systems and tools such as ERP systems.
- Responsible for developing strategy and maintaining project procurement plans in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Preparing invitations to tender (ITTs) and sourcing activities.
- Supplier qualification activities in collaboration with the QHSE Department and other stakeholders.
- Bid evaluations and comparisons.
- Subcontract drafting, including identifying appropriate contracting models and main contract flow-downs.
- Negotiating with suppliers and management of clarifications.
- Preparing award recommendations.
- Subcontract progress follow-up, expediting and commercial management up to the point of closeout.
- Supplier performance feedback.
- Promoting lessons learned and best practice.
- Supporting department initiatives.
- Supporting frame agreement development and administration.
- Supporting global operating centres.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- Subcontract drafting and negotiation experience.
- Commercial awareness and strong analytical skills.
- Previous experience in a supply chain or subcontracting environment.
- Proactive / committed approach to work, flexibility, and the ability to manage changing priorities.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Good team player with the diplomatic skills necessary to build strong and constructive internal and external relationships.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
The following would be advantageous, though not essential:
- Experience and knowledge of the renewables and / or oil and gas industry.
- Experience working in a project environment.
- Experience of procurement systems, software, and tools such as SAP / Ariba.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- Professional certification in supply chain management.
What’s on offer?
In additional to a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, this organisation offers:
- Opportunities to work on exciting projects.
- A chance to work within a diverse and international team.
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
- Access to on-site gym and staff restaurant.
- Flexible ways of working.
- Strong team spirit.
- A positive working environment.
- Opportunities to join Employee Network Resource Groups in support of Inclusion & Diversity, Wellbeing, and the Environment.
- Opportunities to contribute to Environmental, Social Governance (ESG) efforts.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team