Senior Tax Analyst Upstream - VR/22890
Contract opportunity with E&P company initially through until the end of the year and will be reviewed, possibly extended. Candidates require relevant level of tax experience ideally with a tax qualification.
Overview job description
Providing tax advice to UK E&P business unit. Responsible for tax accounting and compliance including submission of upstream corporation tax and PRT returns, reviewing and providing input to the tax calculation in the financial statements.
Key contributor to delivering strong tax advisory and compliance services to the E&P branch on a range of tax issues.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assisting Lead Tax Analyst on the tax implications of a range of issues such as acquisitions and disposals of assets including the review of legal contracts and tax warranties and indemnities where appropriate; ensuring that subsequent tax returns reflect position.
- Providing tax support to Economics team for Long Term Plan and other ad-hoc projects so that tax impact is accurately reflected in modelling.
- Supporting Upstream tax accounting process including review of tax charge, recommending updates to tax calculation in management accounts tax models so that tax charge is accurately calculated; preparing consolidated proof of tax.
- Responsible for corporation tax compliance for main operating entities.
- Preparing PRT returns including submitting 6-monthly returns to HMRC; responding to questions from HMRC and reviewing assessments.
- Preparing Sch 23 returns and submit to HMRC.
- Identifying qualifying costs for Research and Development Expenditure Credit, preparing claims and agreeing with HMRC.
Applicants to this role require
- Preferably degree qualified.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification tax experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of corporation tax, petroleum revenue tax and experience of providing proactive commercial tax advice on business transactions.
- Experience of negotiation with the tax authorities.
- Knowledge of tax return software.
- Sound knowledge of UK company law and international accounting standards.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team