Senior Umbilicals Engineer - VR/28167
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Umbilicals Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Umbilicals Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the overall design, qualification and manufacturing activities associated with umbilicals, hydraulic flying leads and extruded products.
- Participating in the technical development of other umbilical products and related fluid transfer solutions.
- Delivering safe, economic, engineered solutions – considering all aspects from feasibility studies through to commissioning.
- Liaising with customers to establish and advise on their technical specifications and requirements, taking into consideration the specifics of their application, industry standards, guidelines, best practice and any other relevant information.
- Liaising with the Engineering Team and wider organisation to ensure effective communication.
- Ensuring full compliance during all engineering and related activities, with regards to sound engineering practice and adherence to relevant internal/external procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Liaising with suppliers on technical and engineering matters.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HND qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the North Sea Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience with subsea projects involving umbilicals and Hydraulic Flying Leads (HFL’s).
- Experience with engineering calculations (e.g., stress, strain, load, bending etc).
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor.
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards.
- New product development experience.
- Experience in the design of IWOCS umbilical systems and encapsulated control lines.
- Experience of participating in engineering reviews and/or investigations with customers.
- PED / ATEX knowledge.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team