Senior Well Engineer - VR/26007
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Well Engineer on a contract basis for an Oil & Gas Service Company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is a 6-month contract position and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Senior Well Engineer will be responsible for well engineering on projects and they will also be responsible for supervising and mentoring more junior well engineers.
The Senior Well Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing and approving the Well Proposal and Basis of Design and follows the execution of programs technically.
- Reviewing and approving Well Programs and End-of-Well reports.
- Reviewing and approving well operations procedures (e.g. casing running and cementing).
- Participating in selection and evaluation of service companies, suppliers and equipment.
- Participating in cost control of programs vs AFE by analysing solutions.
- Assuring technical integrity of well operations programs.
- Participating in well performance reviews to ensure focus on increased ft/day and reduced flat time.
- Reviewing and approving project well control briefing.
- Reviewing new technology for possible application to project.
- Taking an active role in Drilling TIC projects as assigned.
- Using InTouch for best practices, lessons learned and technical alerts.
- Ensuring best practices and lessons learned are transferred between all rigs on a project.
- Verifying invoices for service companies.
- Deputising for Project Manager as required.
- Participating in HARC's.
- Ensuring compliance to Standards and Procedures.
- Reviewing requests for exemptions to Standards in QUEST.
- Reviewing SQ RIR's resulting from well operations in QUEST.
- Participating in and leads SQ investigations.
- Reviewing and approving Management of Change to well programs.
- Forecasting and planning medium and long-term needs to meet program requirements.
- Anticipating operational changes and needs and revising plans accordingly.
- Participating in daily morning meetings.
- Evaluating results vs goals and performance of service companies.
- Monitoring daily time / depth progress and taking an active part in daily performance calls.
- Monitoring daily cost / depth progress vs AFE.
- Reviewing performance trends including NPT across all rigs.
- Initiating engineering corrective action to ensure a process of continuous improvement.
- Initiating engineering studies to solve recurring problems (wellbore stability, lost
- circulation, washouts etc.).
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Well Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas industry, is essential.
- Experience in the design of wells for a wide range of well types and different rig operations is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess broad well engineering and operations knowledge.
TMM Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team