Software Developer / Engineer - VR/22356
Currently recruiting for an experienced Software Developer / Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
The Software Engineer (Application / Systems Developer) will primarily design and implement various applications for the purposes of interfacing to company equipment, and processing information recovered from that equipment. Working within a core team of Software Engineers, the successful candidate will deal with all aspects of software development.
Suited to an experienced Software Developer / Engineer, this role involves a great deal of variety, creative input and the opportunity to work with many different technologies. The post holder will be expected to have experience in software architecture and be well versed in developing and / or contributing to complex projects, which pull together multiple different systems.
The Software Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Involvement in the whole software lifecycle, from capturing requirements, developing code, controlling equipment, analysing results, supporting users of the final software, and the practical application of the results.
- Working as part of the Software Development Team.
- Design solutions for acquiring data, controlling equipment, as well as logging and analysing results.
- Providing support to users.
- Capturing and documenting software requirements and procedures.
- Working at client sites (onshore and offshore) when necessary.
- Participating in technical reviews, such as code reviews and document reviews.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in Computer Science, or another relevant IT / scientific / engineering discipline, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Software Developer / Engineer type role is essential.
- Experience with Windows development, using Visual Studio, .NET (C# and/or VB) and C/C++ programming languages, is essential.
- Experience with Windows Forms (Winforms) applications is essential.
- Experience with software release processes is essential.
- An understanding of Agile software methodologies would be advantageous.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to capture and document requirements.
- Experience in using source control systems, such as Subversion / Git, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to be familiar with integration / continuous delivery systems.
- A sound understanding of interfacing techniques and communication protocols would be advantageous.
- Experience of interfacing with hardware, embedded development and protocols would be beneficial.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team