Software Engineer - VR/22638
Currently recruiting for a Software Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. The successful candidate will be required to work in the office each week, however, home / remote working will also be possible - it will likely be a blended arrangement.
Working a 37.5-hour working week, the Software Engineer will be working independently and won’t be working as part of a wider team. This role would suit a degree-qualified Software Engineer who is in the early stages of their software development career, and who has specific experience with Python, C# and MySQL.
The Software Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and supporting web and app solutions for company products, through working with the following:
- Technologies – Ionic, .NET, MySQL, EF and AW.
- Software design and development of desktop applications.
- Monitoring and recommending technological developments.
- Bug fixing and feature enhancement.
- Software support.
- Maintaining bug and feature tracking database.
- Maintaining change log records.
- Maintaining records of all testing.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s and / or Master’s Degree qualification in Computing Science / Computer Engineering, or another related technical discipline, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Software Developer / Engineer type role is essential.
- Experience with Python, C# and MySQL is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess strong programming skills.
- The successful candidate will be expected to possess software design, debugging, documentation and testing experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team