Solutions Engineer - VR/26996
TMM Recruitment is supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry to find an enthusiastic, energetic, proactive, and self-motivated Solutions Engineer to join their dedicated team on a full-time, permanent basis based in Westhill with hybrid working available. The role will work in a fast-paced environment and will be involved in helping to deliver the Cloud strategy.
The Solution Engineer is responsible for managing day to day technical issues that arise ensuring the continuity of services. They will also be engaged with multiple projects and be expected to own project implementation tasks. The role is also responsible for engaging alongside the Solution Architects to proactively identify improvements and optimisation opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding and implementing project requirements, working together with service partners and business areas.
- Identifying opportunities to gain efficiencies from cloud technologies.
- Migrating workloads based on business priorities and timescales.
- User support and guidance throughout technical projects.
- Documenting services and knowledge transfer to managed partners in line with ITIL processes.
- Promoting global standardised processes within the company.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure technologies with a focus on the Microsoft Technology stack and Windows Server platforms.
- Demonstrable understanding of Cloud Hybrid environments.
- Management of enterprise platforms specifically Active Directory with skills in DevOps and IAC being desirable.
- Hypervisor management experience.
- Knowledge of Azure and migration processes.
- Understanding of application ecosystems.
- Comprehension of architectural framework.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new technologies and concepts.
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems in a logical and effective way, including root cause analysis and actions to solve the problem.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team