Structural Engineer - VR/23487
Currently recruiting for an experienced Structural Engineer on a contract basis for an Oil & Gas Operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position, and the client is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Offshore trips will likely be required as part of this role - therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
Working with the CNS Engineering Team, the Structural Engineer will support upcoming decommissioning scopes of work. The scopes of work are at varying stages of maturity and the Structural Engineer will not be involved in the production of detailed design documentation for these scopes – this will be completed by the nominated contractor.
Reporting to the Project Lead, the Structural Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the structural engineering review of all project aspects.
- Inputting to tender evaluation and scoring.
- Technical review of all contractor engineering documentation.
- Responding to Technical Queries and production of technical project documentation.
- Technical input to any Safety Case modifications required.
- Structural engineering support during the contract development.
- Interfacing and leading discussions with third party engineering consultants, The Health & Safety Executive, vendors and marine warranty surveyors.
- Offshore trips in the run-up to, and during, the project execution.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Structural Engineering discipline is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Previous and extensive structural engineering experience, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess 10+ years’ experience in a similar structural engineering role.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team