Subcontract Specialist - VR/24772
12-month contract requirement for a Subcontract Specialist to join our client, a leading name in subsea services.
As Subcontract Specialist, you will be responsible for actively managing the planning, sourcing, tendering, contract negotiation, administration and performance management of your assigned subcontract portfolio.
You’ll support internal stakeholders in the strategic contracting of goods and services and will also provide input to the subcontract/procurement plan and ensure that timelines for tendering and contract execution are met. You’ll lead contractual negotiations and will draft and execute contracts utilising standard templates and bespoke terms.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring market conditions and tracking trends.
- Maintaining strong relationships with current and potential suppliers.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders and promoting cross-department engagement.
- Managing a selective portfolio of subcontracts.
- Determining and implementing focused sourcing strategies.
- Developing comprehensive RFQ/ITT documents.
- Undertaking commercial/contractual evaluations and presenting tender outcomes to the tender team and relevant stakeholders.
- Reviewing contractual/commercial qualifications and provide responses to suppliers.
- Managing post-bid clarification meetings.
- Supporting subcontract and procurement personnel with contract negotiations/proposal reviews.
- Providing advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on appropriate terms and conditions.
- Drafting and executing contractual agreements.
- Preparing relevant governance documentation.
- Managing and attending contract kick-off meetings.
- Engaging with suppliers to review and evaluate performance, setting up regular meetings and developing appropriate performance metrics.
- Supporting dispute resolutions with suppliers.
- Managing contract close-out meetings and implementing lessons learned.
- Supporting Accounts Payable with any invoice queries.
- Working cohesively with the Projects, Assets, Logistics and Materials functions.
Applicants to this position should have previous experience in a similar role, ideally with subsea project/vessel knowledge. Experience of strategic sourcing is also required, as well as supplier performance management experience.
You should be experienced in the use of LOGIC contracting principles, as well as other specialised contracts (e.g. BIMCO, Charter Parties). Excellent communication and negotiation skills are essential.
INDSCC TMM Recruitment
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team