Subsea Rigid Pipeline Engineer - VR/26723
Currently recruiting for an experienced Subsea Rigid Pipeline Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea Contractor based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. Hybrid working opportunities will also be available.
The successful candidate will work within the Rigid Pipelines team – a team that is involved in a mixture of short turnaround operations support work and longer term subsea detailed design work scopes.
The Subsea Rigid Pipeline Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Pre-execution studies to support the front-end team and tenders.
- Detailed design studies to support the execution of projects.
- Post operational studies (i.e., life extensions, fitness for purpose to support the IRM business).
- Designing / analysing subsea rigid pipelines (single pipelines, PIP etc.).
- Designing / analysing rigid tie in spools and risers.
- Reviewing and providing assurance of the quality of all subsea rigid pipeline work subcontracted by the company.
- Contributing to the technical development of the Rigid Pipeline Team.
- Timely delivery of reports, calculations and drawings.
- Supporting the development of the Rigid Pipelines team’s tools and guidance notes.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Bachelor’s engineering degree.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- 2+ years’ experience in subsea pipeline engineering.
- Experience in the design of subsea pipelines and/or risers.
- Sound understanding of pipeline global buckling.
- Experience in using Abaqus FE for the analysis of pipelines.
- A Master’s or PhD engineering degree.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience in the design of PIP systems.
- Experience with Sage Profile, Ansys, Autopipe, OrcaFlex and Mathcad.
- Programming experience with Python and/or VBA.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team