Supply Chain Team Lead - VR/28120
Supply Chain Team Lead required to join an organisation delivering integrated end-to-end solutions to upstream projects around the world. The successful candidate will manage the local procurement, inventory, and logistics functions.
You’ll also be responsible for the development and implementation of a sourcing strategy, focused on strategic initiatives both internally and externally. The identification of supply chain risk, supplier development and improvement with the objectives of ensuring a robust and reliable supply chain to support the business needs, whilst maximising internal efficiency in terms of processing and management.
The Supply Chain Team Lead will also ensure that the business is fully supported with a high performing logistics function and that all import and export requirements are undertaken in a timely, cost-effective and compliant manner.
In addition, you’ll be tasked with ensuring that the business has robust inventory controls in place, that are demonstrated through a transparent cycle count rhythm and oversee a responsive transactional service. With a further requirement to drive initiatives within the business to optimise the site inventory balance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of personnel at the Aberdeen (Westhill) base, responsible for the tactical execution of purchasing, inventory, and logistics functions.
- People development and driving the growth of skills and knowledge within the supply chain team.
- Supporting the Group Supply Chain Manager in meeting the group supply chain KPIs and initiatives.
- Ensuring all requests for purchase are actioned in a timely manner and the department delivers the required service quality to all internal customers.
- Negotiating and placing Purchase Orders (POs), ensuring schedule reporting and delivery promises are maintained by vendors with information communicated to the requestor and any other stakeholders.
- Responsible for monitoring all spend on assigned projects and supporting the procurement team where required.
- Managing and developing relationships with existing and prospective suppliers and freight forwarders.
- Alongside the Group Supply Chain Manager, consolidate and leverage direct and indirect spend. Negotiate and manage Master Service Agreements (MSAs) with key suppliers, to provide commercial benefit to the business.
- Reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions and payment terms.
- Managing supplier performance to ensure output is in line with SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensuring supplier audit schedules and NCRs are adequate, actioned and resolved in a timely manner.
- Management of local supply chain / internal customers to ensure compliance to supplier approval procedures and maintenance of the Approved vendor list (AVL).
- Supporting and developing the stores team, ensuring that inventory transactions, records and activities are completed accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with company procedures.
- Employing proactive inventory management principles such as cycle counts, metrics, ageing stock reports and min/max stock levels.
- Ongoing management and reduction of the slow-moving stock value for the site through increased visibility to the business, third party resellers or other means.
- Leading the logistics function to ensure all requests are managed efficiently and effectively to meet customer requirements.
- Ensuring all import and export documentation is conducted correctly, filed in a transparent and logical manner in compliance with group policies and procedures, as well as legislative requirements.
- Keep updated on any import/export/customs changes and understanding how this may affect current processes.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply) qualified or similar qualification.
- Understanding of Supply Chain functions and systems.
- Significant experience of Supply Chain, Inventory, Procurement and Logistics, both tactical and strategic.
- Supply agreements, negotiation, and implementation.
- Logistics experience including management of customs import and export procedures and control.
- Management experience of leading a team, goal setting and performance management.
- Experience of using an ERP System.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team