Surface Data Engineer – VR/25238
TMM Recruitment is working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill to bring in a Surface Data Engineer to join their team ASAP on a contract basis until November 2022 (with the potential of being extended). The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and remote working will be available, however there is also a requirement to attend the office in person on a regular basis.
Working within the Surface Data Management Team, the job holder will act as a hub resource to domain data managers, with dedicated tasks in geographical information systems data management and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support & Maintain
- Supporting management of spatial systems and spatial data and the users within the business. Proactively monitoring systems and processes to ensure a high level of service is delivered.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, supporting surface data management activities to ensure the implementation and continuous improvement of data capture and quality methods across the assets and technical services. Ensuring these are aligned to the overall surface data management roadmap.
- Undertaking technical service data requests to prepare, capture, search, transfer and QC data for the assets or external parties to meet stakeholder needs within the scope and priorities of the service.
- Working in partnership with data stakeholders to collaborate and support the embedding of data management competencies and process within each surface data domain of the business and ensure alignment with data governance framework.
- Maintaining and developing existing automated ETL (extract, transform, load) workflows and develop new ones where required to meet customer needs.
Develop & Create
- Defining and monitoring KPIs to show status and progress on surface data capture and data quality (including NSTA reporting). Identifying issues and opportunities to improve.
- Supporting and delivering project activities related to geospatial or surface data, supporting the overall data strategy.
- Maintaining and updating documentation on data management workflows and processes and champion the adoption of data visualisation to outline data landscape and ensure knowledge capitalisation.
- Building PowerBI dashboards to monitor the performance on data capture and availability.
- Building scripts and queries to ease / improve data management activity (Python, SQL or DAX).
Promote & Collaborate
- Engaging with data domain owners to ensure mandatory scopes are completed within defined timescales. Promoting the use of the CDP (common data platform) for data transparency.
- Exploring and providing trainings on data management tools and techniques (NDR website, geographical information services) to enhance user understanding and capabilities.
- Implementing procedures to ensure that the data management activities are compliant with E&P referential: company policies, procedures, standards and rules (naming conventions, organisation, workflows and confidentiality) to ensure data capture, flow and quality with adherence to deadlines.
- Working within and considering the evolving Carbon Footprint Reduction (CFR) and sustainability framework.
- Accountable for ensuring relevant company rules and specifications are strictly followed where required.
- Accountable for adherence to the company SHE (safety, health and environment) policy.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- At least a BSc degree qualification in an engineering / data or IT discipline.
- Considerable professional experience and work experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably in the E&P surface / operational / engineering domains.
- Technical skills in GIS (ESRI software), CAD (AutoCAD), Awareness of BIM.
- Excellent knowledge of ETL tools (Safe FME) and programming and automation e.g. Python, SQL.
- Experience of cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (specifically Microsoft Azure components).
- Proven analytical and communications skills (both written and oral English).
- Organised, methodical and able to multi-task whilst working under tight deadlines.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with clients and team members.
- Willingness to help support and develop others.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team