Technical Assistant - VR/22768
Working within the oil and gas industry and located in Kingswells, the requirement for a Technical Assistant has arisen to cover a period of maternity leave. This role will be for 18 months providing technical and administrative support to the HSSEQ Team. Experience working within an HSE environment in oil and gas would be essential.
This 18-month contract will be providing technical and administrative support to the HSSEQ Team.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining technical databases and spreadsheets.
- Acting as the focal point for HSSE incident records and reports and monitoring the progress of corrective and preventive actions required to be taken through to close-out.
- Acting as the Onshore First Aiders Coordinator and ensuring that the procedural arrangements are in place.
- Controlling and managing HSSE-related documentation sent to or received from industry regulators, tracking progress in relation to commitments made to regulators and facilitating close-out of actions.
- Ensuring an effective document management system is developed and maintained for HSSEQ team documentation, records, information, training materials, etc. and acting as the focal point for the distribution / issue of information. May be required to assist with the management of the HSSEQ elements of the management system.
- Maintaining an appropriate level of awareness of HSE legislation.
- Coordinating HSSEQ-related and departmental training programs / events.
- Providing administration support to the department as required e.g. monitors the HSSEQ budget, initiating purchase orders, ensuring invoices are approved in line with accounting procedures / authorities, preparing reports, meeting notes / minutes, presentations, travel arrangements, projects support, monitoring inboxes (HSSEQ, Intelligent Safety).
- Acting as a HSSEQ Sharepoint Super user
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings.
- PA duties to HSSEQ Director (diary management).
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- NEBOSH certificate or working towards an HSE-related qualification.
- Considerable experience in an administration role within a technical environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of database management.
- Experience of working in an HSE environment within the oil and gas industry.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of H&S legislation.
- Knowledge of ORACLE / SAP / other accounting systems.
- Knowledge of accident / incident investigation and reporting systems e.g. Impact, Synergi.
- Excellent communication skills – at all levels.
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet tight deadlines and deal effectively with changing priorities.
- Ability to prepare technical reports and documentation.
- High level of accuracy with an eye for detail.
- Good documentation/information management skills.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team