Technical Sales Engineer - VR/28414
As the Technical Sales Engineer, you will provide expert technical support to the Sales Team and take an active role in the sale of the company’s products and services to their current and prospective customers. Applicants to this position should have a technical background and experience in a similar role.
In your role, you’ll create high quality presentation materials and pitch solutions to the prospect base. This role will involve liaising between the front-end sales teams and the engineering/product management teams to develop technical solutions that address the requirements of their customers.
Main duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supporting the sales effort with solution-based selling into the prospect account base.
- Managing all technical aspects of RFP / RFI / RTT responses.
- Successfully matching customer ‘Key Issues’ and technical requirements to proposed solutions.
- Creating and delivering presentations
- Supporting the Sales effort to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles.
- Effectively communicating client needs to the R&D Teams for future product enhancements.
- Collecting and documenting competitive intelligence.
- Recording and maintaining client contact data.
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
- Involvement in contract negotiations to ensure technical compliance of contracts.
- Working closely with the Project Engineers and Project Managers to ensure smooth handover to projects after contract sign off.
- Supporting the project team during execution to ensure continuity between sales and operations.
Applicants to this role require
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Proven work experience in an Engineering or similar technical role.
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team