Tendering Engineer - VR/28973
This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing organisation! As Tendering Engineer, you’ll play a critical role from initial enquiry to post-contract completion and will be responsible for the creation of high-calibre proposals, costing models and production schedules.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the client’s needs through detailed analysis and effective communication, ensuring proposals meet the specification.
- Handling and prioritising incoming RFQs and supporting the bid / no bid justification.
- Managing proposals within the company CRM (Salesforce).
- Managing and tracking proposal activities within the CRM system (Salesforce) and ensuring an efficient and organised handling of the proposal process.
- Ensuring a timely response to live proposals and alignment with business priorities.
- Developing accurate and competitive cost models, with an understanding of project requirements, manufacturing costs, components, and resource requirements.
- Developing accurate schedules with feasible execution methods, timelines, and resource allocations, ensuring practicality and effectiveness of proposals.
- Creating tailored, comprehensive proposals to the highest standard, meeting the client’s requirements, and highlighting the company’s capabilities and differentiators.
- Presenting the proposal and commercial detail Senior Management prior to submission.
- Supporting the close-out of bid clarifications, showcasing a technical understanding and the ability to overcome objections with practical solutions.
- Ensuring an understanding of all supporting documentation requirements for bid compliance.
- Identifying risks and opportunities during the bid process.
- Reading and understanding of technical drawings, schematics and BOMs.
- Collaborating with internal departments and stakeholders to gain strategic insight and enhance the quality and comprehensiveness of proposals.
- Compiling comparative data from previous projects to ensure all costs are captured and verify the accuracy of proposal packages.
- Liaising with suppliers to understand costing for services and parts, as well as delivery timescales, to ensure accuracy of the proposal.
- Incorporating client feedback into future proposals, continuously improving the quality and relevance of submissions.
- Conducting market research and analysis to stay updated on industry trends, ensuring proposals are competitive and relevant.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills, qualifications, and attributes:
- Experience in a similar tendering role.
- A background in managing projects, particularly in planning and execution phases.
- Proficiency in building cost models and understanding pricing strategies.
- Experience of using CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce) for tracking proposals.
- Ability to analyse and interpret client requirements and market trends.
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering or business field.
- An understanding of the energy sector (oil and gas and renewables).
- Familiarity with industry-specific regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop strategic approaches in proposal writing.
- Aptitude for addressing challenges creatively and effectively.
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team