Tools & Systems Specialist – VR/24865
The Tools & Systems Specialist is a key role for the Global SCM&L Team. The role is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining supply chain tools and systems within the company. The role will interface with IT, Finance, other SCM&L Departments and other global teams. The role shall work proactively with key technical users within Contracts and Procurement and Logistics Teams to understand SCM&L needs, capture potential for improvement and deliver improvement initiatives.
Areas of accountability, responsibility and Competence Level
- Fulfilling the role as SAP Super User for SAP MM and functional specialist on SCM&L tools and systems.
- Having a good understanding of the functional logistical and P2P processes including interfaces with other functions such as finance.
- Providing troubleshooting on system issues reported by the functional users and provide basic technical knowledge on purchasing and logistics related SAP issues.
- In charge of SAP change request management. Coordinating SCM&L prioritisation and requirements with the IT Team.
- Participating in the weekly operational call with IT and other relevant forums.
- Supporting the communication for all systems / tools changes to the function.
- Contributing to ensure optimal and harmonised functionality for SAP within the SCM&L function.
- Reviewing scope documentation in liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Carrying out user acceptance tests on behalf of the SCM&L function for changes in SAP MM-module and other tools.
- Knowledge about relevant interfaces for external systems (Comos / Maximo) and the catalog procurement solution (eB2B).
- Working proactively with systems and tools competence across the regional user groups and perform end-user training when required.
- Creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Working closely with team members in the global Governance and Performance Team to deliver plans, digital roadmap and other key deliverables for the SCM&L function.
Critical Skills Qualifications Experience, etc.
- Degree qualification in e.g. IT, business, or supply chain management and logistics. A post-graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience from the oil and gas industry, and knowledge of the E&P business.
- Relevant experience in a procurement or contractual environment.
- Strong knowledge of procurement and logistics in SAP.
- Experience from implementation of SAP procurement modules or other procurement / contractual systems is desired.
- The role includes a strong requirement to work cross functionally in particular within SCM&L, finance and IT.
- Ability to work across different countries and regions. Must be a team player and have good organisation, collaboration and networking skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) – excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible, self-starter, goal-oriented and able to organise own work and team in accordance with long term plans.
- Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn’t over complicate.
- Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions (when applicable).
- Works effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset.
- Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change.
- Takes a ‘business first’ approach, ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations (business oriented).
This is a staff position in an interesting and challenging environment. This is a global role. The position may be based in any office deemed necessary. Some travel is expected to other geographical entities within the business.
Reports to: Governance & Performance Manager, Supply Chain Management & Logistics
TMM Recruitment INDSCC INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team