Well Accountant - VR/29061
Temporary contract for a Well Accountant based in the city centre. Our client is seeking someone from a background in drilling or project accounting from the oil and gas industry ideally who is available immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing forecast financial data required for the creation of planning of AFEs and Well Cost Estimates for all Well Activity in co-ordination with all Well Engineering disciplines. Acting as financial monitor and reviewer of all AFEs issued to clients including all supplements and revisions.
- Creating and operating a detailed cost tracking model to calculate the value of work done during all well activities, working closely with Well Engineering Team, Logistics and Commercial depts. Ensuring the client has a full understanding and provision of appropriate documentation substantiating VOWD estimates and Estimated Final Costs. Providing an ongoing (daily) cost management role, detailing all charges to the well with particular emphasis on a projected overspend and effective audit presentation of costs.
- Contract compliance and review of all operational third party supplier invoices.
- Monitoring actual expenditure against call offs and contracts prompting timely revisions as required.
- Main point of contact for all client and vendor financial queries.
- Client sales invoicing
- Treasury function – payment authorisation and administration of cash flow forecasting.
- Well reconciliation and cost analysis dependent on client requirements.
- Latest Well Forecast v AFE / Estimated Final Cost Analysis / Ad hoc variance analysis.
- Audit co-ordination of all client audit requirements.
- Client reporting as required.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure a thorough understanding of the business processes as they relate to wells accounting requirements. Developing strong working relationships with all members of the Well Engineering Team, representing financial matters in this area.
- Identifying areas for improvement and concern.
- Performing ad-hoc duties as required.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team