Assistant Cost Control Engineer – Wells - VR/22316
Temporary requirement to join E&P organisation with operations worldwide. This is initially for 6 months and is due to an increase in activity. The key focus of the role is providing cost control support to the Well Operations Team.
- Implementing and maintaining a complete well cost accounting control procedure.
- Supporting the Wells / Intervention Department AFE / high level budget procedures.
- Creating individual Well / Interventions AFE estimates in conjunction with Engineers.
- Monthly overviewing and reviewing of issues.
- Weekly overviewing and reviewing of costs with Drilling and Intervention Superintendents.
- Stock and logistics management.
- Ability to constructively challenge and guide the Wells Team with regard to costs.
- Ensuring that cost commitment and forecast expenditure is reported on a daily basis during drilling operations and ensuring that all information is accurately and correctly inputted.
- Ensuring that all AP issues are corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all vendor queries are corrected and challenge quotes.
- Checking and recording correct allocations of shared or common costs.
- Investment tracking and reviewing.
This role would suit someone with similar experience in a cost control role ideally having worked in an E&P environment previously. You should have the ability to work autonomously, be analytical and have a keen eye for detail. Strong communication skills are essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team