Cost Analyst – VR/23844
Contract position for a Cost Analyst with an E&P company based in Aberdeen. This is an ongoing core role and could become permanent. Candidates will ideally have experience in a similar role within the energy industry.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the preparation of annual budgets, reforecasts and monthly cost reporting for functional cost areas within the business.
- Supporting the preparation of cost estimates for relevant activities.
- Variance analysis and commentary against budget.
- Reviewing of activities to ensure accurate forecasts and reporting of costs.
- Working closely with relevant budget holders and Engineers to optimise costs across work programmes.
- Providing insight and visibility of costs to the business.
- Assisting in reviewing operational KPIs and providing analytical insight.
- Working with budget holders to ensure funding availability for unbudgeted scopes of work.
- Supporting the AFE approvals process.
- Assisting in the improvement of the internal control environment.
- Provision of information as required for JV, Statutory and other audits.
Applicants to this role require
- Substantial practical cost and financial planning experience gained within a production / maintenance / operations environment.
- Proven cost management skills / experience with a strong knowledge of cost control, forecasting, cost phasing, VOWD etc.
- Good understanding of work management and estimating processes and procedures preferable.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team