Process Engineer – VR23867
Currently recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a company based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. This will likely be a mainly office-based role.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all business capacity plans are met through the effective introduction and improvement of processes and products. The post holder will have full responsibility, from tool design all the way through to a production ready process.
This role would suit an experienced Process Engineer who has experience with elastomers.
Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Introducing new processes, procedures and products.
- Providing drive, technical competence and support to ensure continual process improvements are achieved.
- Maintaining and developing effective measurement techniques to monitor efficiencies and ergonomics - sustaining ongoing and continuous improvements.
- Providing the technical capabilities and leadership to achieve root cause analysis / in depth fault diagnosis, along with the formulation of corrective actions and plans to fix.
- Actively seeking new ways to improve existing processes and tooling to increase production yields and reduce overall scrap cost.
- Maintaining adherence and improvement of the Company quality systems and procedures, including, but not restricted to, continual ISO 9001 compliance and 5S programmes.
- Developing, supporting and actively encouraging a culture of continual improvement by suggesting improvement programmes that involve other Team Members.
- Supporting, encouraging and implementing a ‘make it happen’, ‘quality first’ and a ‘do it now’ culture.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Process Engineer type role is essential.
- Previous experience with rubber moulding and metal to rubber bonding is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an understanding of databases, SPC techniques, design of experiments, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and continuous improvement techniques.
- Applicants will be expected to have a basic understanding of CAD.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team