Senior Contracts Specialist – VR/23987
12-month contract requirement for an experienced Senior Contracts Specialist to work with an E&P company based in Aberdeen.
As Senior Contracts Specialist, you’ll be responsible for leading the management and coordination of all four phases of the Procurement Process including strategy development, pre-qualification, tender evaluation / negotiation, and post award management of Operations related contract requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-qualification of the market to evaluate and identify suitable vendors.
- Preparing tender strategies and ITT packages for one-off contracts or Master Services Agreements to assist with meeting requirements of Operations Department.
- Leading detailed quantitative and qualitative tender evaluations, directing contractual and commercial negotiations in accordance with contracting principles.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders to evaluate tenders, obtaining contract award approvals and contract execution.
- Developing and presenting detailed recommendations to management.
- Processing requisitions once approved by budget holders into purchase orders, applying due diligence to pricing and terms and conditions, issuing to suppliers, tracking return of signed order and expediting same.
- Negotiating and administering commercial contracts and system generated call-off orders against master service contracts across the business.
- Responsibility for contract risk mitigation and commercial optimisation, ensuring best value.
- Provision of post-award administration support, including contract amendment and variation administration reporting.
- Responsibility for key supplier performance and relationship management, including KPI’s and FPAL feedback.
- Development and management of detailed project procurement plans.
- Ensuring the Supply Chain Department procurement plan is kept up to date.
- Ensuring effective cost / budget tracking and CTR management.
Applicants to this position should offer considerable experience in a similar role, ideally gained within an E&P / Operator environment. You’ll need strong negotiation skills, a proven ability to develop relationships with stakeholders and suppliers and should have excellent communication skills.
Experience of LOGIC contracts and knowledge of Oracle / Maximo (or similar ERP systems) is preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team