Subcontract Specialist – VR/24184
12-month contract requirement for a Subcontract Specialist to join a recognised global leader in the Energy Industry. You’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of complex third-party products and services; third-party tender position; or the successful delivery of category strategies and resulting frame agreements when assigned to long term agreements or category management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing RFQs, evaluating tenders and awarding subcontracts.
- Coordinating the execution of subcontracts and other supply documents, ensuring compliance with procurement strategies and policies.
- Accountability for subcontracts through the execution phase, including coordination of other functions and key stakeholders.
- Supporting internal clients with reporting of key deliverables, third-party budget and supplier performance with alignment to the project procurement plan.
- Acting as the main point of contact with the supplier.
- Ensuring the optimum commercial and contractual position for the company is achieved.
- Managing supplier and client qualifications.
- Managing nominated long-term agreements, particularly timely renewals, issue resolution and reporting.
- Ensuring supplier performance assessments are completed.
- Participating in category strategies and ensuring optimal utilisation of any long-term agreements.
- Ensuring awareness of market trends or fluctuations, particularly when recommending suppliers at tender stage.
Applicants to this position should offer experience in a similar role, with a good understanding of contract law and regulations / legislation relevant to the energy industry. You’ll need strong negotiation and communication skills and the ability to manage a busy workload.
Experience of SAP / Ariba is desirable, as is a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPS).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team