Environmental Advisor - VR/19114
Currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Advisor on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas Operator based in Aberdeen. This role will involve occasional offshore trips; therefore, applicants must be open to offshore work.
Reporting to the Environmental Team Lead, the Environmental Advisor will have responsibility for the identification and management of environmental risks and compliance, and for driving continuous improvement in order to help the company deliver its overall Environmental strategy. The Environmental Advisor will also provide support and guidance in compliance, in order to achieve the highest environmental standards and performance. He / she will be responsible for the on-going development of a positive environmental culture.
The Environmental Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing day to day environmental support and advice to the company.
- Ensuring asset compliance with all environmental legislation.
- Maintaining currency and compliance of all environmental permits via the MAT / SAT system.
- Maintaining compliance with all requirements of ETS.
- Reporting: collation of data and preparation of reports to regulators and internally.
- Collating performance data and their reporting via EEMS.
- Conducting environmental audits.
- Close interface with operational group to identify upcoming environmental issues.
- Tracking of environmental incidents via Synergi.
- Working with the Environmental Team to develop initiatives for performance improvement.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Applicants will be expected to hold a relevant Science-based Degree qualification.
- Previous and specific experience in a similar Environmental Advisor type role within the Oil and Gas Industry is essential.
- Previous experience in similar role, directly with an Oil and Gas Operator, would be preferred.
- Experience with the MAT / SAT system and the preparation of permits is essential.
- Significant experience with ETS compliance is essential.
- A sound working knowledge and experience in environmental related UK legislation (onshore and offshore) and industry best practices is essential.
- Experience with Environmental management systems is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team