Onshore Logistics Coordinator (7:7 Rotation) - VR/19148
Our client, an Oil and Gas Operator based just outside of Aberdeen, has a requirement for an Onshore Logistics Coordinator on a contract basis for an initial period of 6 months, with scope for further extension.
This is a 7-on, 7-off day rotation with working hours of 7am-7pm. The role will primarily be based in Aberdeen but there may also be requirement to work from Peterhead.
The successful candidate will be the logistics focal-point during offshore operations for the company’s UKCS activity.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the planning, scheduling and delivery of all materials to meet operational requirements.
- Ensuring Logistics cargo, crane and deck management tool is used according to best practice.
- Producing and issuing daily logistics plan.
- Ensuring all materials are moved in line with company procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders both on and offshore to ascertain requirements and schedule vessels to suit. This will include cargo requirements, vessel routing and cargo prioritisation and shall make the most efficient use of Vessels.
- Coordinating cargo for offshore installations. Assisting DMC with coordination of requirements.
- Closely monitoring all third-party rentals ensuring cost effective use and movement of equipment.
- Building effective relationships across the business continually seeking to improve operational efficiency and identify cost savings.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Strong experience in Logistics, with a proven track-record of working with Oil and Gas projects.
- Knowledge of Marine Logistics processes and operations.
- Experience in logistics and shipping planning
- Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills (ideally with knowledge of SAP).
- Experience of WELS and LEAN is preferred, but not essential.
- Ability to work a 7 day on, 7 day off rotation. Core hours of 7am-7pm with duty cover thereafter.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team