Subsea Electronics Engineer - VR/19360
Currently recruiting for an experienced onshore Subsea Electronics Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a large Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The Subsea Electronics Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for shore-based support relating to BOP, Subsea and Well Control Electronic systems.
- Providing support to offshore Subsea Electronic personnel.
- Supervising repair and maintenance activities, relating to subsea electronic equipment and associated topside controls.
- Ensuring that equipment failures are properly investigated, root causes are identified and remedial action is taken, in order to ensure reliability.
- Ensuring offshore Subsea personnel are informed of any fleet wide issues, product bulletins and safety alerts.
- Advising on preventative maintenance strategies, relating to subsea / surface well control electronic systems.
- Coordinating and executing BOP / Well Control System upgrade and modification projects.
Qualifications / Experience:
- An Engineering Degree qualification in Electronic Engineering, or another relevant discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Subsea Electronics Engineer type role within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Previous experience in the design review, maintenance and troubleshooting of Electronic Control systems.
- Membership of a Professional Institute and working towards Incorporated / Chartered Status.
- Previous experience in the design, review, maintenance and troubleshooting of Subsea Electronic Control systems, and ideally, ROV systems as well.
- Experience / knowledge in the following areas:
- Solenoids, actuators, transducers and sensors, as utilised in subsea electronic control systems;
- Components and instrumentation, as utilised for power distribution, including Transformers, UPS and Batteries;
- Subsea umbilical cables;
- Subsea electrical cables and connectors; and
- Delivery and execution of subsea electronics projects and upgrades.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team