Hydraulic Superintendent - VR/19361
Currently recruiting for an experienced onshore Hydraulic Superintendent on a permanent staff basis for a large oil and gas organisation based in Aberdeen.
The Hydraulic Superintendent will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that the maintenance of hydraulic equipment aboard drilling rigs managed by the company is conducted in accordance with the policies of the company and in compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Ensuring hydraulic equipment on company vessels is being maintained to the standards required by the certifying authorities.
- Liaising with the Subsea Manager and Rig Managers to provide departments with a cost-effective operation.
- Assisting with the production of written procedures and safety instructions regarding hydraulic equipment. Also, assisting with the operation, maintenance and repair of hydraulic equipment.
- Responding to all documentation, reports and other inward data regarding hydraulic equipment.
- Liaising with the certifying authorities and equipment suppliers regarding equipment failures repairs and renewals.
- Advising on the preparation of hydraulic technical support.
- Monitoring the status and effectiveness of planned maintenance schedules to ensure maximum equipment efficiency.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets, costs for all surveys, modifications and projects.
- Assisting in maintaining all the unit’s statutory certification to ensure it is up-to-date.
- Ensuring office staff and offshore personnel are kept updated on experience feedback.
- Ensuring office staff and offshore personnel are kept aware of safety and technical issues through Fleet Engineering Bulletins and Product Safety Bulletins.
- Investigating new and innovative technology to ensure company vessels continue “Best in Class” operability.
- Communicating with senior offshore hydraulic staff to ensure that all equipment under their control is maintained and operated in a safe manner consistent with current legislation and the Company Code of Safe Working Practices.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A formal Engineering qualification is essential.
- A BEng / MEng / MSc / HND qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Hydraulic Superintendent type position, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience of working with hydraulic systems is essential.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be an expert / specialist in hydraulics within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Previous experience of working as an offshore Hydraulic Engineer / Technician is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team