UK Customs Compliance Manager - VR/18926
Our client is seeking a Customs Compliance Manager to oversee compliance with HMRC, BEIS and other regulations. This is a 15-month contract to cover maternity leave.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing logistics, customs and compliance procedures.
- Overseeing efforts for continuous process improvement.
- Carrying out internal and external audits in line with Global Trade Compliance.
- Monitoring all customs compliance as per HMRC legislation. Implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Providing training to company business units on Logistics and Customs Compliance.
- Supporting tendering activities in customs and compliance matters.
- Keeping abreast of trade compliance activities within the UK, ensuring proper licensing and documentation are in place.
- Investigating all import and export discrepancies.
- Ensuring all monthly reports are processed in a timely manner.
- Carrying out annual appraisals for Direct Report Line.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working with HMRC procedures and regulations.
- The ability to advise on UK trade compliance.
- Strong knowledge of logistics processes.
- The ability to lead, encourage and develop a team.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team