Hydraulic Systems and Maintenance Engineer - VR/19495
Currently recruiting for an experienced Hydraulic Systems and Maintenance Engineer (office-based role) on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Technical Excellence Group Manager, the Hydraulic Systems and Maintenance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Controlling all aspects of hydraulic systems and equipment operational philosophy, design development, testing and certification, documentation standards and approach.
- Driving Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements for company personnel, equipment and processes. Ensuring, by example and supervision, that HSEQ principles required by legislation, standards, recommendation and operational requirements are fulfilled.
- Adhering to the requirements of the company’s Integrated Management System in undertaking duties, ensuring suppliers employ similar standards. In particular, developing risk assessment and controls necessary to ensure the equipment complies with all legislation and regulations, and is safe to use.
- Together with Finance Team, ensuring financial planning and control is fully utilised and delivering all works in compliance with budget.
- Being familiar with all of the company’s equipment range and fully understanding functionalities. Determining and developing operation and capability of machines, and supporting equipment and safeguard industry leading functionality.
- Integrating functional improvements to equipment and subsequent designs, to negotiate issues that arise during work programmes and ensuring all drawing / build issues are captured.
- Providing the team with equipment related standards and processes including:
- Maintenance standards, incorporating preventative programmes.
- Analysis of maintenance requirements and programmes to maximise utility.
- Testing – FAT, SIT, commissioning, accreditation and rework.
- Documentation – operational, maintenance, set up, etc.
- Material certification and support.
- From time to time, managing rebuilds or refurbishments and upgrades of equipment, as well as the process required to ensure integration to procedures.
- Supporting the team in meeting all project requirements including:
- Equipment set up criteria.
- Equipment modifications (improvement in fit, form and function).
- Mobilisation dates.
- Fault finding processes, procedures and capability.
- Documentation for operational specific requirements.
- Building of equipment.
- Responsibility for all Client Stored Assets including:
- Liaising with clients.
- Reporting to clients.
- Negotiating repair and maintenance on any part of the system.
- Maintaining records.
- Responsible for the leading, developing and managing of direct reports.
- Competence with engineering and other software tools applicable to this role.
- Fit, form and function of hydraulic equipment and components of equipment.
- Equipment utility.
- Performance improvement in equipment design and operation.
- Testing regimes instigated and complied with.
- Give Hydraulic system input to Operation and Maintenance Manual owner.
- Quality and completeness of documentation supporting all legislation, standards, recommendations and operational needs.
- Ability to fully explain operation of hydraulic and electrical aspects of equipment.
- Continued improvement of Equipment and Workshop Maintenance programme.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- Professional membership of a recognised engineering institution and / or the ability to satisfy the requirements for engineering council membership are desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar Hydraulic Engineer / Manager / Technical Authority type, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role with a Hydraulics focused Service Company, within the Oil & Gas Industry, would be highly desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to possess a sound understanding of hydraulics and mechanics.
- Applicants will be expected to possess competency in engineering design and mathematical modelling.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team