NDT Manager - VR/19603
Currently recruiting for an experienced and onshore-based NDT Manager on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Inspection Manager, and working within the Inspection Services Department, the NDT Manager will be responsible for NDT work scopes and growth of NDT services. The role will primarily be onshore based, however, there will be the occasional requirement to travel offshore, therefore applicants must be willing to do this.
Purpose of the Role:
- To expand and ensure correct processes and procedures are in place to support the growth of the Inspection division and offer new service lines.
- To efficiently and effectively manage the planning and implementation of offshore and onshore NDT inspection activities.
- To satisfy current contract and client requirements.
- To increase market share in NDT services, both in the UK and overseas.
- To ensure staff have NDT competence to satisfy client requirements for NDT services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing and assisting with Business Development activities to contribute to the growth of the division and achieve additional revenue from new clients.
- Ensuring competence of personnel is maintained and promoting training and development of workforce; maintaining and updating company’s NDT certification and staff competence records.
- Developing and managing company documentation such as procedures, reports and trackers.
- Developing reporting systems to provide Line Manager with effective overview of financials, equipment utilisation and personnel utilisation.
- Providing accurate financial forecasting on a monthly basis of ongoing work scopes / quotations.
- Attending client meetings as required and managing KPI process within Frame Agreements.
- Managing both company owned and cross hired equipment.
- Ensuring safe, cost effective planning and implementation of all NDT inspection activities offshore and onshore according to, and within, contract requirements.
- Liaising with the client as to the most suitable method of inspection, drawing on companywide expertise, as required, to ensure that all contracts are carried out safely and effectively.
- Issuing concise job instructions, ensuring all staff complete projects in accordance with the company’s operating procedures and statutory / client specifications and requirements.
- Managing timely submission of inspection reports in accordance with customer, quality and schedule requirements, using approved company databases.
- Undertaking tasks and projects, as agreed, that are in line with job delivery requirements.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Current and valid NDT certification / qualifications are essential.
- Previous experience in a similar NDT Manager type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Previous hands-on NDT inspection experience is essential.
- Previous experience in NDT methods – including UT, Eddy Current, MPI and DPI - is essential.
- Previous people management experience is essential and the successful candidate will be expected to have strong management / supervisory skills.
- Some sales or business development experience would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team