Contracts Specialist - VR/19703
Our client, based North of Aberdeen, has a new vacancy for a Contracts Specialist to join their Commercial Team.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Contracts Specialist will primarily be responsible for reviewing contract documents and preparing qualifications in line with agreed parameters.
You will be involved in regular client liaison to expedite the close-out of contract exceptions to achieve the best commercial outcome for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and preparing contract qualifications for client contracts and coordinating the negotiation process to reach a satisfactory conclusion for the business.
- Acting as the focal point for review, qualification and acceptance of purchase orders, ensuring compliance with company terms and conditions.
- Coordinating commercial meetings to resolve any issues.
- Liaising with Insurers regarding terms to ensure full coverage and comply with any advice on wording.
- Delivering a clear handover of contractual obligations to all relevant internal parties of accepted contracts.
- Working closely with the Commercial Team and engaging in regular liaison with the Commercial Director to maintain a good level of awareness of ongoing workload and activities.
- Reviewing supplier qualifications or exceptions to the company’s standard terms for purchase as highlighted by the Purchasing Team.
- Managing the contract management database, patent / trademark library and record all terms and qualifications.
- Drafting qualifications for ITTs and negotiating contractual position.
- Participating in tendering activities by preparing standard content and drafting and managing bid plan through to submission.
The ideal applicant to this role will offer a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, involving contract review and qualification. You should be able to demonstrate good knowledge of contract law principles used in the Oil and Gas industry.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team